How to Use the Event Platform
Canadian Tech @ Scale 2021 is being hosted online using the Hopin platform. Here's how you can use platform to attend and participate in the event.
Join the Event
- Check your email for an event link that takes you to the event page.
- Sign Up to create a Hopin account.
- Use the Join Event button on the event page to register for the event.
- Fill out the info in the form and click on Complete Order. You won't have to pay anything extra.
- You can now Enter Event and add it to your calendar. You're all set!
On the day of the event you can use the platform to access the program. For more details on the event agenda & sessions, visit the Event Details page.
- Reception: This option, available on the left bar, allows you to view the day's schedule and add items to your agenda if you're interested. These will show up in your My Agenda section.
- Workshops: Use the Workshops option on the left bar to choose and attend a workshop. Share your video and audio to contribute & participate.
- Ask Me Anything: Go to the Stage option available in the left bar to attend this session.
- Panel discussion: Go to the Stage option available in the left bar to attend this session.
- 1:1 Mentoring: Book time in advance with a mentor. The mentor will book a 1:1 slot with you, which will then show up in the My Agenda section.
Network with Participants
There are a few different ways you can connect with other attendees at the event:
- People: Directly message a registered participant using this tab available on the top right on your screen.
- Chat: Join the common chat where you can have a public discussion with all participants.
- Networking: This option is available on the left bar. You will get randomly paired with another attendee for a 1:1 connection.
- If I leave the event, can I rejoin again?
- Do I need to install any program or app to access the event?